Monday, April 29, 2019

April 26th

Today I had another softball game. But not with my own team, but with Berwyn’s Juniors. Yep, since the coach off the team needed two more players, I and one if my teammates offered to play in that spot. But this wasn’t the only time I’ve played with older girls in softball. Last time this happened, I was in 4th grade! So once my dad and I got there, all the girls on the team started hugging me. Why you may ask, well because I played with all the girls on this team in Fall Ball. So after like 30 minutes of practicing/warmups it was game time. So for some reason I led off, but for the first pitch I wasn’t suppose to swing. Why, because the team we were playing this was their first softball team since 1951! Yeah, I just decided to help a random team and then I’m received with such honor. So after the first pitch which was given to the manager of the team, the game had now officially begun. So I went 1-4. (I forgot if a walk counts, but I’m still going to count it) Three strikeouts and a walk. Yeah so like the pitches were coming in fast and let me remind you, I was playing against 14-15 year olds. Or as we call them, Juniors. So on my walk, I couldn’t steal second cause there was a girl already there. But after a walk I was able to get to second, then the catcher throws a bad “pass” to the pitcher which goes into the outfield. And because of that, the runner on third and me on second made it to home. Then since none of their catchers were there, I catched. I did pretty good, I stopped some wild pitches, almost got someone out a home, and made good throws to second. Even after the game, people were complementing me about how good I was doing. I was very happy with myself, and even though I only scored once on the field, I did a great job when catching.

I hoped you enjoyed today’s blog, and I can’t wait until I finish the Slice of Life blog Challenge!









     
             
                                                                                                                                                   Sincerely,
                                                                                                                                                 Aaliyah K.

No comments:

Post a Comment