Monday, April 29, 2019

April 27th

Today I had a 3-game basketball tournament! One at 8:55, one at 10:15, and one at 12:45. But I played three more games in between those games cause my coach wanted me to play with the 8th-9th grade girls. Which means some of the other teams girls were going to be freshmen! I was so excited, but what I didn’t know was that I wasn’t going to get much playing time. So for our first game we went against a very bad team. We blew them out by a lot but it wasn’t just one or two players. Because our coach had actually fused the 7th and 6th grade girls together. So basically everyone had two or three chances at making a shot. Not all of them made their shots, but at least everyone got a chance. After that it was the older girls first game. And I was actually one of the starting five! Yeah, it may have been that three 8th graders were coming late but who cares, I got to start against freshmen! So like I had 2 chances at first to try and score, but let me tell you, scoring against freshmen is very difficult as a 6th grader. So for my first shot which was a three I air balled badly. My second shot which was a driving layup got blocked. But here’s the funny thing, the girl who blocked didn’t even have to jump. And lastly with like 9 minutes left in the game I took a jumper and got blocked from behind. It was a bad start at first, but I still had four more games to play. So back to my original team, this was was a tough team at first, but then we got our momentum back and won 22-5. I then played with the 8th-9th grade girls again, but for this game I barely played at all. The only times I did go in two things happened. I missed a wide open layup, and I scored a wide open layup. I may have been subbed out on the next play, but I just scored against freshmen! Then it was back to the 6th-7th grade girls. But this time was the championship game.

Ok since this blog is getting a little long I’m going to continue this in my next one. But I hoped you enjoyed today’s blog.











     
                                                                                                                                                   Sincerely,
                                                                                                                                                 Aaliyah K.

No comments:

Post a Comment