Thursday, April 11, 2019

April 5th

Today I had softball practice. I was excited cause the first practice I had didn’t go too well. But this time I was sure I was going to do good, and I did. We mostly did fielding, I was at third mainly making good throws to first and second. But then after a couple of plays I was switched to the catcher position. I put on my new navy blue catchers gear, it was fresh clean and it felt pretty light on me. I got on making a couple of decent throws at second and third. I made some great stops on wild pitches, and I didn’t get that dirty. Then we switched to some fielding and running drills if most of the practice. Then for the last 15 minutes we did a fun hitting, running, and throwing drill. One coach would lob a softball at you to hit from a certain angle. The two catchers (one is me) would switch out with a ball in their hands. (And no, they didn’t need their gear) Another coach would be at second waiting for one catcher to throw to them. So for the batters, after they got a good rip at the softball would run from first to second. At second they were suppose to slide in case they were in a situation like that. But after they rounded first, the catcher would throw to the coach at second so they could tag them out. Even if you were out or safe, you were expected to slide either way. We did this until everyone got a turn, and yes the catchers were able to do the drill also. After we all got dirty and said goodbyes, I had to go home and take a good shower to get all that dirt off of me.

I hoped you all enjoyed my blog for today. I really am enjoying this challenge more than I’m suppose to.




                                                                                                                                                   Sincerely,
                                                                                                                                                 Aaliyah K.



                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment